Full Spec Australia’ we are a Residential & Commercial builder seeking a full time Painter to carry out all interior & exterior projects.
Our varied client base ranges from small residential units, to harbour-side residences, from city offices to bar’s & cafe and from small internal unit blocks up to large multi-story towers.
Job tasks responsibilities
We are looking for qualified painters who are fully experienced in all aspects of the painting trade. Must present well with good communication skills. You must be comfortable in a team and or working alone.
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
Skills and experience
We are based in the Eastern subs but cover most of Sydney.
Transport is preferred although not essential.
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship
Job benefits and perks
A minimum of four years’ experience is required along with personal hand tools.
All other tools & equipment plus all work wear is supplied
Above average rates with Full time employment is offered to suitable prospects. There is a great pathway to promotion with-in the company
If you have the experience suited for this role, please ‘apply now’ or
Email your resume to email@example.com
- First / Second Fix
- Own transport
- Full Tool kit – Drop Saw – Track Saw – Hand Tools – Drills
- White Card
- Qualification (Desirable)